The Samsung Galaxy SIV will be released on the Sprint network. Now according to the the press release given by Sprint the device is expected to hit the Now Network in the second half of the year which is different from Samsung who stated that it would be available globally in late April. Now lets hope that is moved up as we get more info. The pricing from what is seems will be $199 ,$299 or$ 399 since there will be a 16GB,32GB and 64GB.
Some of the hardware specs are dope. Like the 13 megapixel camera and the almost 5 inch screen:
Samsung Galaxy S4
|Operating System||Android 4.2 Jelly Bean TouchWiz Nature UI|
|Size||136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9mm|
|Display type||Super AMOLED|
|Display size||4.99-inch (12.67cm)|
|Display resolution||1920 x 1080 Full HD|
|MicroSD card slot||microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 64 GB|
|Networks||GSM, HSPA, LTEMicro-SIM|
|Wi-Fi||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-bandWi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot|
|Connectivity||microUSB, MHL 2, USB host, DLNAInfrared blaster|
|Bluetooth||4.0 with A2DP|
The device will feature many new upgraded features which will be added to the S III and Note II at a later date. Some of the software features are:
- Dual Camera: the person taking the picture or recording a video can also be placed in either of them. It also works during video calls.
- Sound & Shot: record audio while taking pictures and pair the resulting files
- Drama Shot: take 100 shots in a few seconds and automatically create a collage of images
- Eraser: take multiple shots to erase background elements that shouldn’t appear in the final photo
- Air View: preview an image just by hovering a finger on top of it, without actually touching the screen
- Story Album: create photo albums on the phone, and even send them in physical form ($10-30 for 10-page album)
- Adapt Display: the screen automatically adapts based on viewing conditions and the actual content to offer a better performance
- Air Gesture: control the phone without actually touching it
- Smart Scroll: slightly tilt the device to scroll through pages
- Smart Pause: pause playback when looking away from the screen
- S Translator: translate between nine supported languages (English US, English UK, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian). The feature includes voice-to-text and text-to-voice support, and it’s able to perform translations of image contents. It works both offline and online.
- S Health: manage your fitness exercises by pairing the smartphone with additional accessories including the S band, Body Scale or a heart-rate monitor.
- Samsung Knox: use the smartphone as an enterprise solution and balance work and personal features in a two-phones-in-one style. The feature will be available on other Samsung smartphones.
- Samsung HomeSync: automatically sync files between devices
- S Voice Drive: interact with the phone via Bluetooth while driving
- Smart Switch: backup Galaxy S4 data on computers. Support for moving between any smartphone to the Galaxy S4 is included.
- Samsung Hub: magazine interface for buying content
- Group Play: simultaneously play the same track on up to eight devices, and even create a 5.1 surround system. Support for multiplayer games is also included
- ChatON: new app version supports video chat with up to three people and can be combined with Dual Camera
- IR Sensor: control your TV with the smartphone
- Temperature and humidity sensors