Finally the wait is over. Sprint has released the first Windows 8 devices. The Samsung ATIV S Neo and HTC 8XT are both coming to the Sprint line up this summer. The HTC 8XT stats:
- $99.99 and a $50 mail in rebate
- HTC BoomSound
- 8-megapixel main camera with autofocus and LED flash, and a front-facing 1.6-megapixel camera
- multishot burst mode to help capture the best picture of a moving photo subject
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400
- 1.4GHz dual-core CPUs
- 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM memory
- 4.3-inch display
- 1,800mAh lithium-ion battery
The ATIV S Neo will feature:
- $149.99 and a $50 mail in rebate
- 1.4GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB of RAM
- 4.8-inch high-definition display,
- 2,000mAh lithium-ion removable battery
- ATIV Beam using near field communication (NFC)
- Samsung exclusive Now feature, which highlights top news, weather and relevant information at a single glance.
So PS doest the Samsung Now sound a lot like the Blink Feed from HTC. I do like the feature although I wish it was a feature that came with the stock Android.
Amazon is always pumping out the best discounts for Sprint across the web. It’s like Amazon is partially giving the Samsung Galaxy Note II for free at the price tag of $49.99 for new customers . If you are interested go check it out by clicking on the link Samsung Galaxy Note II, Titanium (Sprint).
Our folks over at AndroidPolice did a little investigation work regarding this so call mystery device. The device that got Bluetooth approval was a Sprint device wowo. The Note II has a model number SPH L900 so the next Flagship device Note III has to have a higher model number not a smaller number. So with this information the SPH L600 is suspected to be Galaxy Mega 6.3. The LTE/CDMA 2000 was a given that it was a Sprint device. On June 20 in London there will be a event where there are expected to debut a few new devices.
At the moment evoleaks only leaked the device for the release of the AT&T version . But who know’s it may be releasing to other carriers later on. Its a new rugged device which will be dust and water resistant. Specs below of the new device from our favorite leaker Evoleaks. The device goes by SGH-I537 code name (J Active). Check out pics of the latest flagship device from Samsung below.
- 5-inch full HD 1080p display
- quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor
- 8-megapixel camera
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB of internal storage
- a microSD slot
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
Update: Sprint hasn’t officially confirmed the device but it is expected to on the Sprint network as a part of global release of Samsung newest device.
Sprint has been doing lots of tweeting and Facebooking to get Sprint customers new and old exciting about the launch of Samsung’s latest flagship device the Samsung Galaxy S IV. The wait is over happy shopping. Tell us about your experience in the comment section. For those of you want for it to come to a Sprint store near you, you will have to get it from Radioshack. The will carrier the device starting today in all 4,700 locations. It will be $249.99 for the 16GB model.
Update: Sprints websites stated that it is available in store but limited quantity.
Now I must say this is the first time that I have see a pre-order sell out. I’m used to seeing backorder for a pre-order not a sell out . Yesterday Sprint confirmed in a statement to AllThingsD.
Sprint is excited to launch the new Samsung Galaxy 4. We had planned to launch this next generation of the award-winning Samsung Galaxy line-up on Saturday, April 27. Unfortunately, due to unexpected inventory challenges from Samsung, we will be slightly delayed with our full product launch. Sprint is one of Samsung’s largest partners and we are working closely with them to launch in all Sprint channels as soon as possible. We expect to make GS4 available at www.sprint.com as planned on Saturday with Sprint retail stores and other channels receiving devices as inventory becomes available.
Saturday is only two days away so you can Wait for then or pre order from Amazon Wireless here. Samsung has since stated:
Due to overwhelming global demand of Galaxy S4, the initial supply may be limited. We expect to fulfill inventory to meet demands in the coming weeks.
The exclusive color is now available at The Now Network. For $0 if you bring your number over to Sprint you can snag this phone. Purchase the device now which supplies last.
The Samsung Galaxy SIV will be released on the Sprint network. Now according to the the press release given by Sprint the device is expected to hit the Now Network in the second half of the year which is different from Samsung who stated that it would be available globally in late April. Now lets hope that is moved up as we get more info. The pricing from what is seems will be $199 ,$299 or$ 399 since there will be a 16GB,32GB and 64GB.
Some of the hardware specs are dope. Like the 13 megapixel camera and the almost 5 inch screen:
Samsung Galaxy S4
||Android 4.2 Jelly Bean TouchWiz Nature UI
||136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9mm
||1920 x 1080 Full HD
- Samsung Exynos 5 Octa
- Quad-core A15 (1.6GHz) + Quad-core A7 (1.2GHz)
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 APQ8064T
- Quad-core Krait 300
- PowerVR SGX 544MP3 GPU
- 3-core, 533Mhz
|MicroSD card slot
||microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC up to 64 GB
||GSM, HSPA, LTEMicro-SIM
||Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-bandWi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot
||microUSB, MHL 2, USB host, DLNAInfrared blaster
||4.0 with A2DP
The device will feature many new upgraded features which will be added to the S III and Note II at a later date. Some of the software features are:
- Dual Camera: the person taking the picture or recording a video can also be placed in either of them. It also works during video calls.
- Sound & Shot: record audio while taking pictures and pair the resulting files
- Drama Shot: take 100 shots in a few seconds and automatically create a collage of images
- Eraser: take multiple shots to erase background elements that shouldn’t appear in the final photo
- Air View: preview an image just by hovering a finger on top of it, without actually touching the screen
- Story Album: create photo albums on the phone, and even send them in physical form ($10-30 for 10-page album)
- Adapt Display: the screen automatically adapts based on viewing conditions and the actual content to offer a better performance
- Air Gesture: control the phone without actually touching it
- Smart Scroll: slightly tilt the device to scroll through pages
- Smart Pause: pause playback when looking away from the screen
- S Translator: translate between nine supported languages (English US, English UK, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, Italian). The feature includes voice-to-text and text-to-voice support, and it’s able to perform translations of image contents. It works both offline and online.
- S Health: manage your fitness exercises by pairing the smartphone with additional accessories including the S band, Body Scale or a heart-rate monitor.
- Samsung Knox: use the smartphone as an enterprise solution and balance work and personal features in a two-phones-in-one style. The feature will be available on other Samsung smartphones.
- Samsung HomeSync: automatically sync files between devices
- S Voice Drive: interact with the phone via Bluetooth while driving
- Smart Switch: backup Galaxy S4 data on computers. Support for moving between any smartphone to the Galaxy S4 is included.
- Samsung Hub: magazine interface for buying content
- Group Play: simultaneously play the same track on up to eight devices, and even create a 5.1 surround system. Support for multiplayer games is also included
- ChatON: new app version supports video chat with up to three people and can be combined with Dual Camera
- IR Sensor: control your TV with the smartphone
- Temperature and humidity sensors
A document from Sprint database was leaked and it stated that Samsung Galaxy S II is at its end of life and the Samsung Galaxy S III purple may be coming to stores as early as next month. It states that on April 12 it will be release we have yet to confirm the available channels it will be release to keep yours ear and eyes ope for more details.
The consumers are in complete control and they have spoken Android devices rule the Sprint Now Network. All thought the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is one of the mostly devices on the list its seem most Sprint customer appreciate the value for the money. The top rated Sprint phones are as such.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 2
- LG Optimus G
- Samsung Galaxy S III
- iPhone 4S
- HTC Evo 4G LTE and iPhone 4